||Computer Programming and Utilization
||* C++ Program Design: An introduction to Programming and Object-Oriented Design, 3rd Edition, by Cohoon and Davidson, Tata McGraw Hill. 2003.
Other references (Not required reading)
* Thinking in C++ 2nd Edition by Bruce Eckel(available online)
* G. Dromey, How to Solve It by Computer, Prentice-Hall, Inc., Upper Saddle River, NJ, 1982.
* Polya, G., How to Solve _It (2nd ed.), Doubleday and co. (1957).
* Let Us C. Yashwant Kanetkar. Allied Publishers, 1998.
* The Java Tutorial, Sun Microsystems. Addison-Wesley, 1999.
||This course provides an introduction to problem solving with computers using a modern language such as Java or C/C++. Topics covered will include :
* Utilization : Developer fundamentals such as editor, integrated programming environment, Unix shell, modules, libraries.
* Programming features : Machine representation, primitive types,arrays and records, objects, expressions, control statements, iteration,procedures, functions, and basic i/o.
* Applications : Sample problems in engineering, science, text processing, and numerical methods.