Dear Campus residents,
We are in a lockdown situation till Apr 14, and the situation beyond also looks uncertain (Virus only knows when normalcy will return!). In an emergency meeting of the Deans and some of the other fundtionaries of the Institute, the following decisions have been taken for managing the day-to-day activities of the campus. These arrangements are based on the situation prevailing today, and may change depending on how the situation evolves. We shall keep you updated.
All are requested to note and co-operate.
1. Supplies of essential goods (vegetables, groceries, etc): Please plan to order these in. Some shops in the Powai area seem to be taking orders for delivery, and other e-tailers are also coming on line. The delivery agents may be stopped at the Gate and you may get a call requesting for authentication by the security. Based on your authentication, the delivery agent will be allowed to deliver the things you have ordered, to your home. If there is no payment to be made to the delivery agent and if it is convenient for you to collect the materials at the gate itself without the delivery agent having to come inside, please advise the security accordingly and collect your materials at the gate.
2. The essential services in the Y-point market are remaining open. Please make sure to avoid crowding when you visit these shops. The security section has made markings at 3 ft intervals near the shops for maintaining adequate person-to-person separation.
3. The vegetable market on Tuesdays and Fridays at the Staff canteen will continue to function. The same advisory on maintaining inter-person distance applies. We are trying to make similar arrangements for other supplies, and you will be informed in due course about the success of such attempts.
4. As already advised, please discontinue your domestic help, cook etc (especially if coming from off campus, or if going off campus to work in places outside) for this period by giving a kind of paid leave. Caregivers coming for providing medical care to the elderly are exempted. The Security section will provide special passes for them, on your recommendation.
5. Please do not encourage social visits during this period. Also avoid congregating in the common areas of your buildings in the evening hours. Children have to be made aware of the seiousness of the situation and prevented from gathering for games or other diversions during this period.
Phone numbers of General services near campus for information:
|Name||Contact Number||Email ID|
|General Secretary Academic Affairs (PG)|
2019-20: Aditya Chalishazar
2020-21: Radhik Rammohan
|General Secretary Academic Affairs (UG)|
2019-20: Varshit Kumar
2020-21: Madhav Gupta
|General Secretary Hostel Affairs|
2019-20: Arbaj Ahmed
2020-21: Mohd Zakir Hussain
|General Secretary Technical Affairs|
2019-20: Shobhna Misra
2020-21: Anirudh Mittal
|General Secretary Cultural Affairs|
2019-20: Raghav Goyal
|General Secretary Sport Affairs|
2019-20: Vinay Venkat Dadi
2020-21: Yogender Singh
and NOT sundry advisories circulating on social media, to keep yourself safe from infection.
The following numbers are available for contacting 24X7 for reporting any suspected case and for seeking advice:
Copies of Advisories:
|SR.NO.||DATE||CIRCULAR/ Notification No.||DESCRIPTION||REPORT|
|1||30th March 2020||Contact details of Student Counsellors|
The document containing contact details (in the next column 'REPORT') of Student Counsellors is password protected. Please check student-notices for the same.
|2||31st March 2020||FAQs|
FAQs regarding academic and other matters during COVID-19
|3||30th March 2020||To Students from Dean (Academic Programme)|
Academic Matters - Spring Semester 2019-20
For Projects/ Summer training for External Students: All summer internship offers from IIT Bombay to external students stand cancelled because of the uncertainty due to Covid-19 outbreak. Candidates who paid fees, are requested to write to [ , ] for refund of fees.
|4||29th March 2020||Survey for Students for compiling FAQ from Institute General Secretary|
Letter for student notices on FAQ by Institute General Secretary
|5||20th March 2020||No. REG/ C-11/ 2020|
Staff deployment policy in view of the COVID-19 virus situation and Institute facilities being used for quarantine and DoPT circular from Registrar's Office
|6||19th March 2020 |
IITB Guidelines on home quarantine
|7||19th March 2020|
Guidelines for home quarantine given by the Government of India
|8||18th March 2020 ||No. REG/C-11/2020|
This circular is in continuation to the earlier circular No. AO/Admin. V/2020 dated March 16, 2020 on the preventive measures against the spread of Corona Virus in the IIT Bombay campus from the Registrar's Office
|9||18th March 2020|
Article from Science on the best practices for sanitising hands etc.
|10||18th March 2020|
The origin, transmission and clinical therapies on coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak - an update on the status
|11||17th March 2020 |
Further measures to contain the spread of novel Corona Virus in IITB Campus from Director's Office
|12||16th March 2020|
Updates from the Task Force Committee
|13||16th March 2020|
Preventive measures against the spread of Corona Virus from Registrar's Office
|14||14th March 2020||No. Corona-2020/ CR-58/ Aarogya-5||Whereas State Government has decided to invoke provisions of Epidemic Disease Act, 1897 vide Notification No. Corona 2020/ CR 58/ Aarogya-5, dated 13th March, 2020 from the date of issue of the notification,|