Established in 2001, IIT Bombay Alumni Association creates and maintains a life-long connection between the Institute and its alumni, who number more than 35,000. In collaboration with an extremely dedicated volunteer board of directors, the Alumni Association works to connect alumni, support students and build an unforgetable Institute experience through a diversity of events, programming and services. Vision and Priorities The mission of the Association is to foster strong bonds between alumni, students and the Institute, to keep alumni informed, and create a network enabling them to remain engaged with their alma mater and help shape it's future through the Association's programmes and services. Alumni Outreach Building Membership: The university's alumni are its lasting legacy and strongest voice. Finding new ways to build an engaged membership base is an integral task of the Association. Joining IIT Bombay Alumni Association is one of the easiest ways to reconnect, give back to the Institute, and serve as a springboard for further involvement. How to Become a Life Member: Anyone who has completed one academic year as a student at IIT Bombay is eligible for life membership. Membership fees are Rs 2000/- only. You can download the application form, fill it up, attach a photograph and a cheque for Rs.2000/- drawn in favour of IIT Bombay Alumni Association and post it to: IIT Bombay Alumni Association, Alumni Centre, 1st floor, Gulmohar, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay Powai, Mumbai - 400076, INDIA Tel: (+91-22) 2576-7086 / Fax: (+91-22) 2576-7019 You could also apply and pay online here. Involvement and Services: Developing an active and engaged alumni network empowers both the Institute and its graduates. Whether our alumni are interacting with the Institute or its student body, attending events, working with the Institute on various Legacy projects or serving as volunteers, their contributions make a difference to IIT Bombay. The Alumni Association continues to seek innovative ways to serve alumni by providing social, educational, and professional opportunities that appeal to our broad constituency. Your Alumni Association offers
- Alumni Career and Networking Services: Membership links you to a strong network of more then 5000 members functioning in various capacities in different parts of the world. You can participate in seminars, workshops, and technical events that showcase your skills and accomplishments, and take advantage of opportunities to meet specialists and eminent captains of industry. You could be a part of 'Innovations' an annual event organized by the Pune Chapter of IITBAA to foster innovation in the society. The focus is on innovations originating in Science and Technology and the event showcases selected novel ideas in practice, and provides a platform for the innovators to disseminate their ideas to a wider and well-connected audience.
- Life-long Learning: Enjoy lectures, discussion sessions, on-campus conferences, conducted by eminent alumni and current and emeriti faculty.
- Student-Alumni Contact: Support current students @IIT Bombay through different mentoring oppertunities either by being a part of on-campus lectures or through an in-person or online commitment; provide internships; recruit fresh graduates; present career programs etc.
- On-going Benefits: Access to on-line alumni directory; free email account and forwarding service; 50% concession in the accomodation charges at the Institute Guest House; access and concession in library membership charges, swimming pool and other Gymkhana facilities.
- Events and Reunions: Be a part of events @ IIT Bombay and different parts of the country. The Association organises and facilitates a host of events every year at IIT Bombay. This includes the Alumni Day which is held on the last Sunday of every year, the Silver Jubilee Class Reunion and various other reunions. Association members are also invited to campus events like Foundation Day, Convocation Day, and other cultural events on Campus. For instance, the Association also organises 'Varshastuti' an evening of classical music on campus held in the month of August every year. In addition, there are picnics outings, sports events, and meetings of various special interest groups within the alumni in Mumbai and elsewhere in the country as part of its chapter outreach events.
- Geographic Alumni Chapters: Activities of the Association are not just limited to the campus, and there are thriving city chapters that organise events all over the country and can provide you with opportunities to renew old friendships and start new ones.
- Travel: Head out on a weekend jaunt or take an educational voyage or expedition with IITBAA alumni, friends, and family members.
- Replenish: Support education @ IIT Bombay through 'Swadhaar', IITBAA's Student Loan Scholarship Programme: Every year, for the thousand plus students who enter IIT Bombay, there are many from the socially and economically challenged segments of society, who cannot get any-or-enough-financial aid, including loans or scholarship money. The Swaadhar scholarship is essentially a loan given by past students (alumni) of the Institute to its present students who repay it back with a nominal interest for the benefit of the future students.
- Support your Hostel @IIT Bombay through the Hostel Alumni Team Stewardship Programme (HATS) , an unique alumni driven initiative that facilitates the reconnection with your hostel, old friends and current students of IITB, and enables you to support infrastuructural improvements in your old hostel, thank old mess worrkers and support inovative student research projects.
- Support your country @ the village level by being a part of the Village Knowledge Centre Project (VKC), an initiative of IITBAA's Bangalore Chapter. VKC acts as a nodal centre for knowledge connectivity of villages in and around Bangalore.
For more details visit www.iitbombay.org