ShARE is a global student think-tank, spread in 15 countries across 30+ premium institutes having over 3000 members. In India, we are present in 5 IITs, 5 IIMs, and the DSE. ShARE's annual flagship event, the ShARE World Seminar, its 10th edition, was hosted at IIT Bombay this year by it's Bombay Chapter.
The theme for this years seminar was Shaping Tomorrow's Prime-Mover's, attempting to instil in its attendees a passion for innovation and building a collective consciousness. The verticals discussed were Energy, Industry, Finance, General Economics, Technology and Business Strategy.
For the first time, the seminar was open to students from other colleges not part of the ShARE family. This year's seminar saw the largest attendance, with delegates hailing from 7 countries, namely Brazil, Switzerland, China, Korea, Singapore, Bangladesh and of course, India.
The seminar saw outstanding and engaging speaker sessions on topics concerning the uncertain tomorrow, and our efforts to build it. These included:
1. Dr. Viral Acharya (Dy. Governor, Reserve Bank of India)
2. Mr. Ashish Chauhan (CEO, Bombay Stock Exchange)
3. Mr. Lalit Meisheri (Owner, Tech Know Consultants)
4. Mr. Vijay Sinha (VP, JSW Energy)
5. Mr. Manish Pathak
6. Mr. Sushant Arora
7. Mr. Siddharth Bagri
Workshops were executed by industry leaders in their domains, with a mix of professional, and informal sessions. these included:
1. Graphology - Chetna Teckchandani
2. Personal Branding Workshop - Iza Jameel
3. Numerology - Pooja Bhalla
4. Law of Attraction - Mohit Tahiliani
5. Future Readiness Program - Talerang
We hosted two flagship competitions for our delegates:
1. Paisa Parliament Policy (PPP): a strategy based game, involving teams playing as countries in an extremely competitive fantasy world fighting for survival and domination
2. Business Case Challenge:The case challenge tested the participants spur thinking and presentation skills
The event also had the honour of hosting ShARE Alumni from various parts of the world and various professions, who came to share their experience and guide students in their area of expertise. the ShARE Alumni meet was a great opportunity to network and connect with people who have been-there, done-that.
Amongst the different languages and walks of life, the seminar was an amazing experience for a cultural and intellectual exchange of ideas. Delegates walked away with new friends in far off lands, and a thought invigorating experience.