Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay), celebrates its Foundation Day on March 10, every year. The foundation stone for the internationally recognized Institute was laid by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, then Prime Minister of India on March 10, 1959. Since then the Institute has grown from strength to strength and is now counted among the best engineering institutions across the globe.
The Institute will celebrate its 59th Foundation Day on Saturday, March 10, 2018.
Mr. CH. Vidyasagar Rao, Hon'ble Governor of Maharashtra will be Chief Guest during the function. Dr. Anil Kakodkar Ex-Chairman, Board of Governors, IIT Bombay and Dr. D. V. Kapoor, Ex-Chairman, Board of Governors, IIT Bombay will be the Guests of Honour on the occasion.
Prof. S.C. Bhattacharya Excellence Award in Pure Sciences, Prof. H.H. Mathur Excellence Award in Applied Sciences, Distinguished Alumnus Awards and Young Alumnus Achiever Awards will be presented during the function.
Programme flow is below:
• Welcome Address by Prof. Devang V. Khakhar, Director, IIT Bombay
• Inauguration of Diamond Jubilee Celebrations
• Unveiling of plaque for new Guest House Padmavihar
• Address by the Chief Guest
• Address by the Guests of Honour
• Presentation of : Prof. S.C. Bhattacharya Award for Excellence in Pure Sciences
Prof. H.H. Mathur Award for Excellence in Applied Sciences
Distinguished Alumnus Awards
Young Alumnus Achiever Awards
• Vote of Thanks
Link for live webcasting of the event is below: