Assistant Professor:October 2017-present
Tel (Office): ++91-22-25767622
Google Scholar Profile: https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=kucb4SgAAAAJ&hl=en
- Ph.D. in Materials Science and Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology (USA), 2013
- B.Tech. in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, IIT Kharagpur, 2009
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Los Alamos National Laboratory (USA), Apr. 2015 - Jun. 2017
- Computational Mechanics Engineer, Third Wave Systems Inc. (USA), Jan. 2014 – Apr. 2015
- Computational materials
- Crystal plasticity
- Finite element modeling
- Radiation damage
- Patra, A., McDowell, D.L., “Crystal plasticity-based constitutive modeling of irradiated bcc structures”, Philosophical Magazine, Vol. 92, 2012, pp. 861-887.
- Patra, A., Zhu, T., McDowell, D.L., “Constitutive equations for modeling non-Schmid effects in single crystal bcc-Fe at low and ambient temperatures”, International Journal of Plasticity, Vol. 59, 2014, pp. 1-14.
- Patra, A., McDowell, D.L., “A void nucleation and growth based damage framework to model failure initiation ahead of a sharp notch in irradiated bcc materials”, Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, Vol. 74, 2015, pp. 111-135.
- Patra, A., Priddy, M.W., McDowell, D.L., “Modeling the effects of microstructure on the tensile properties and micro-fracture behavior of Mo-Si-B alloys at elevated temperatures”, Intermetallics, Vol. 64, 2015, pp. 6-17.
- Patra, A., McDowell, D.L., “Crystal plasticity investigation of the microstructural factors influencing dislocation channeling in a model irradiated bcc material”, Acta Materialia, Vol. 110, 2016, pp. 364-376.
- Patra, A., Tomé, C.N., Golubov, S.I., “Crystal plasticity modeling of irradiation growth in Zircaloy-2”, Philosophical Magazine, 2017, Vol. 97, 2017, pp. 2018-2051.
- Patra, A., Tomé, C.N., “Finite element simulation of gap opening between the cladding and spacer grid in a fuel rod assembly using crystallographic models of irradiation growth and creep”, Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 315, 2017, pp. 155-169.