Prof. Ashutosh S. Gandhi
Asistant Professor : May 2006 - Jul 2012
Associate Professor : Jul 2012 - present
- Ph.D. in Engineering, Department of Metallurgy, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore (2001).
- M.E. Metallurgy, IISc (1994).
- B.E. Metallurgical Engineering, Visvesvaraya Regional College of Engineering (Now Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology), Nagpur (1992).
- Science of Ceramics
- High Temperature Protective Coatings (TBCs and EBCs)
- Phase Transformations
- Metastable and Amorphous Materials
- Rare-earth Silicate Environmental Barrier Coatings for SiC Based High Temperature Materials” Indian Space Research Organisation.
- “Effect of rare-earth dopants on thermal stability and fracture toughness of nanocrystalline zirconia based thermal barrier materials”, Department of Science & Technology, India.
- “Hot corrosion behaviour of rare-earth stabilised zirconia for thermal barrier applications”, Naval Research Board, DRDO, India.
- “Development of scandia stabilised zirconia electrolytes with rare earth co-doping for solid oxide fuel cells” (Co-investigator), Department of Science & Technology, India.
- “Development of bulk nanocrystalline materials: nanoparticle synthesis and consolidation” (Co-investigator), Department of Science & Technology, India.
- “Critical review of literature on teh constitutional and thermochemical data of oxide systems” (Co-investigator), GE India Technology Center, Bengaluru, India.
- “Development of protective coatings on refractories based on nano materials” (Co-investigator), Visakhapatnam Steel Plant.
- “Integrated modelling of high temperature phase and microstructural stability and phase transformation kinetics of advanced high chromium ferritic steels with special emphasis on 9 Cr-1 Mo based derivatives” (Co-investigator), Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research.
- High Temperature Protective Coatings (environmental and thermal barrier coatings);
- Materials for Energy Systems (solid oxide fuel cells, SOFC’s);
- Phase Stability & Transformations;
- Surface Engineering;
- Zirconia Ceramics;
- Metastable Effects and Amorphous Phases.
- “Metastable phase selection and low temperature plasticity in chemically synthesized amorphous Al2O3-ZrO2 and Al2O3-Y2O3”, Ashutosh S. Gandhi, Arindam Paul, Shailendra Singh Shekhawat, Umesh Waghmare, and Vikram Jayaram, in 'Oxide Nanostructures: Growth, Microstructures, and Properties', Ed. A.K. Srivastava, Pan Stanford Publishing (April 2014).
- Mohan B. Ponnuchamy, A.S. Gandhi, "Phase and fracture toughness evolution during isothermal annealing of spark plasma sintered zirconia co-doped with Yb, Gd and Nd oxides", J. Eur. Ceram. Soc., 35, 1879-1887 (2015).
- Mohan B. Ponnuchamy, A.S. Gandhi, "Lattice expansion and contraction in nanocrystalline yttria stabilized zirconia powders", Scr. Mater., 83, 21–24 (2014).
- P.A. Manojkumar, A.S. Gandhi, M. Kamaraj, A.K. Tyagi, "Sliding wear behaviour of alumina coatings prepared from mechanically milled powders", Wear, 313, 11–18 (2014).
- K. Murugan, R. Subasri, T. N. Rao, A.S. Gandhi, B.S. Murty, "Synthesis, characterization and demonstration of self-cleaning TiO2 coatings on glass and glazed ceramic tiles", Progress in Organic Coatings, 76, 1756–1760 (2013).
- Narender Reddy, A.S. Gandhi, "Molten salt attack on t' yttria-stabilised zirconia by dissolution and precipitation", J. Eur. Ceram. Soc., 33, 1867–74 (2013).