Prof. Ashutosh S. Gandhi
- Ph.D. in Engineering, Department of Metallurgy, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore (2001).
- M.E. Metallurgy, IISc (1994).
- B.E. Metallurgical Engineering, Visvesvaraya Regional College of Engineering (Now Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology), Nagpur (1992).
Science of Ceramics,
High Temperature Protective Coatings (TBCs and EBCs),
Multicomponent Equimolar (High Entropy) Ceramics,
Metastable and Amorphous Materials
- “Multicomponent entropy stabilised oxides: Synthesis, processing and characterisation of a new class of ceramic materials”, Science & Engineering Research Board, India.
- “Residual Stress and Structural Characterisation of Thermal Barrier Coating Systems using Spectroscopic Techniques”, Aeronautics Research & Development Board (Approved).
- “Development of Icephobic Coating for Aerospace Applications”, The Boeing Company, USA (Co-investigator).
- Rare-earth Silicate Environmental Barrier Coatings for SiC Based High Temperature Materials” Indian Space Research Organisation.
- “Effect of rare-earth dopants on thermal stability and fracture toughness of nanocrystalline zirconia based thermal barrier materials”, Department of Science & Technology, India.
- “Hot corrosion behaviour of rare-earth stabilised zirconia for thermal barrier applications”, Naval Research Board, DRDO, India.
- “Development of scandia stabilised zirconia electrolytes with rare earth co-doping for solid oxide fuel cells” (Co-investigator), Department of Science & Technology, India.
- “Development of bulk nanocrystalline materials: nanoparticle synthesis and consolidation” (Co-investigator), Department of Science & Technology, India.
- “Critical review of literature on teh constitutional and thermochemical data of oxide systems” (Co-investigator), GE India Technology Center, Bengaluru, India.
- “Development of protective coatings on refractories based on nano materials” (Co-investigator), Visakhapatnam Steel Plant.
- “Integrated modelling of high temperature phase and microstructural stability and phase transformation kinetics of advanced high chromium ferritic steels with special emphasis on 9 Cr-1 Mo based derivatives” (Co-investigator), Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research.
- “Materials Aspects of Thermal Barrier Coatings”, Ashutosh S. Gandhi, In: Handbook of Advanced Ceramics and Composites. Eds. Y.R. Mahajan and Roy Johnson, Springer, Cham (2020).
- “Metastable phase selection and low temperature plasticity in chemically synthesized amorphous Al2O3-ZrO2 and Al2O3-Y2O3”, Ashutosh S. Gandhi, Arindam Paul, Shailendra Singh Shekhawat, Umesh Waghmare, and Vikram Jayaram, in 'Oxide Nanostructures: Growth, Microstructures, and Properties', Ed. A.K. Srivastava, Pan Stanford Publishing (April 2014).
- S. Raghunandan, R. Suresh Kumar, M. Kamaraj, A.S. Gandhi, “Role of water in the sol-gel synthesis of yttrium monosilicate”, Ceram. Int. 45, 4487-4492 (2019).
- N. Indumathi, S. S. Bhattacharya, A.S. Gandhi, “Thermal stability and crystallisation behaviour of amorphous alumina-yttria synthesised by co-precipitation and combustion synthesis”, Ceram. Int., 45, 2368-2380 (2019).
- S.B. Anantharaman, V.B. Rajkumar, S. Raghunandan, K.C. Hari Kumar, R. Suresh Kumar, A.S. Gandhi, “Role of thermodynamic miscibility gaps in phase selection in sol-gel synthesis of yttrium silicates”, J. Eur. Ceram. Soc., 37, 5001-5007 (2017).
- R. Raja Madhavan, A.S. Gandhi, K.V. Govindan Kutty, “Sodium titanium phosphate NaTi2(PO4)3 waste forms for immobilization of simulated high level waste from fast reactors”, Ceram. Int. 43, 9522–9530 (2017).
- Anu Mohan, A. Udayakumar, A.S. Gandhi, “High temperature oxidation behaviour of CVD β-SiC seal coated SiCf/SiC composites in static dry air and combustion environment, Ceram. Int. 43, 9472–9480 (2017).