- B.Tech. (Metallurgical Engineering) Mysore University (1980)
- M.Tech. (Metallurgical Engineering) IIT Kanpur (1982)
- Ph.D. (Metallurgical Engineering) Cambridge University (1987)
- Magnetic and electrical properties of metals, alloys and oxides
- optical behavior of ultra thin layered multilayers.
- “Nonlinear spin wave magnetization of solution synthesized Ni nanoparticles”
SatishVitta, Journal of Applied Physics, 101, 063901 (2007).
- “Mixed mode electrical transport in nanocrystalline La-Ca-Manganite synthesized by microwave refluxing”
Bibhuti B. Nayak, SatishVitta and D. Bahadur, Physics Status Solidi A, 202, 2790 (2005).
- “Metal substituted organic Cd-arachidate multilayers as soft x-ray mirrors”
SatishVitta, Applied Optics, 44, 3254 (2005).
- “Structure and scattering properties of Ni80Nb20/MgO water window multilayer mirrors”
SatishVitta, M. Weisheit and H.U. Krebs, Applied Optics, 42, 3297 (2003).