Tel: (+91-22) 2576 7613
Fax: (+91 22) 2572 3480
Professor: April2022- Present
Associate Professor : Dec 2016 - Apr 2022
Assistant Professor : October 2011 - Nov 2016
- PhD (2007) in Materials Process Science; Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)
- M.Tech. (2001) in Process Metallurgy; IIT Bombay
- B.E. (1998) in Metallurgical Engineering; Jadavpur University
- Metal refining
- Slag-metal interactions
- Continuous casting
- S. Ganguly, S. Basu and S. Sikdar: Determination of the aggregate fractal dimensions in colloidal nanofluids, Journal of Nanoparticle Research, 2011.
- S. Basu, S. Seetharaman and A. K. Lahiri: Thermodynamics of phosphorus and sulphur removal during basic oxygen steelmaking, Steel Research Intl., vol. 81(11), 2010, pp. 932-939.
- S. Basu, A. K. Lahiri and S. Seetharaman: Distribution of phosphorus and oxygen between liquid steel and basic oxygen steelmaking slag, La Revue de Métallurgie, January 2009, pp. 21-26.
- S. Ganguly, S. Sikdar and S. Basu: Experimental investigation of the effective electrical conductivity of aluminum oxide nanofluids, Powder Technology, vol. 196, 2009, pp. 326-330.
- S. Basu, A. K. Lahiri and S. Seetharaman: Activity of iron oxide in steelmaking slag, Metall. Trans. B, vol. 39B(3), 2008, pp. 447-456.
- S. Basu, A. K. Lahiri, S. Seetharaman and J. Halder: Change in phosphorus partition during blowing in a commercial BOF, ISIJ International, vol. 47(5), 2007, pp. 766-768.
- S. Basu, A. K. Lahiri and S. Seetharaman: Phosphorus partition between liquid steel and CaO-SiO2-P2O5-MgO slag containing low FeO, Metall. Trans. B, vol. 38B(3), 2007, pp. 357-366.
- N. U. Girase, S. Basu and S. K. Choudhary: Development of indices for quantification of nozzle clogging during continuous slab casting, Ironmaking Steelmaking, vol. 34(6), 2007, pp. 506-512.
- P. P. Sahoo and S. Basu: Use of a multi-sensor technique to monitor the mould oscillation in a continuous billet caster, ISIJ International, vol. 46(2), 2006, pp. 219-225.
- S. Basu, S. K. Choudhary and N. U. Girase: Nozzle clogging behaviour of Ti-bearing Al-killed ultra low carbon steel, ISIJ International, vol. 44(10), 2004, pp. 1653-1660.