Detailed Fee Structure for B.Des at IITB
The detailed fee structure for the B.Des course at IIT Bombay for the academic year 2016-2017 is now available and a link has been added in the admissions brochure. You may also (Click here to download) to see the fee structure directly.
B.Des Online Application Open
Candidates who have qualified in UCEED 2016 and wishing to pursue B.Des at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, or IIITDM Jabalpur must apply using the common application form available through the IIT Bombay Admissions Portal. The application closes on 25 June 2016, 23:55 hours.
Before applying, read the B.Des Admissions Brochure carefully.
Refer to the Admissions Brochure (Click here to download) for B. Des at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati & IIITDM Jabalpur, for the academic year 2016-2017, for detailed information related to the application and joint seat allocation process.
Common application for B.Des admissions
For the academic year 2016-2017, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, and IIITDM Jabalpur will have a common application for admissions to their respective B.Des programmes.
UCEED 2016 qualified candidates will be required to register, fill and submit a single application form indicating their choice of institutes along with supporting documents through the IITB Admissions Portal.
Detailed information regarding the application procedure, category-wise seat availability and other related information will be posted on the UCEED website during the first week of June. The online application portal will be open from 10 to 25 June 2016.
UCEED 2016 scorecard
1. You can download your individual UCEED 2016 scorecard using UCEED login (click here to login).
2. Your UCEED registration number (UC16xxxxxx) is the login ID and your date of birth (DDMMYYYY) as printed on the Admit Card is the password. A new tab 'Scorecard' will appear from where you can view or download the scorecard.
UCEED 2016 Results
1. You can downlod your UCEED 2016 result now onwards using following link (click here to login). Actual score card can be downloaded from 7th March 2016, 17:00 Hrs onwards.
2. Enter your UCEED registration number (UC16xxxxxx) and your Roll number (16xxxxx) as printed on the Admit Card to check your result. Provisional category-wise standing has been included in the result sheet now.
3. In the final evaluation, the two questions (Question ids 539648227, 539648238) both of which had image display problems for many candidates, are dropped. No marks (including negative marks) are awarded for these questions to any of the candidates.
4. The UCEED 2016 Committee has decided to lower the minimum prescribed marks for UCEED qualification.
5. Only those candidates who score the minimum prescribed marks in each Section of the question paper and minimum total marks will be included in the rank list. The minimum prescribed marks varies with the category. These are as shown in the following table.
6. The revised minimum prescribed marks for inclusion in the rank list:
|Category||Section A||Section B||Section C||Total Marks|
Final Answer Keys
Based on the recommendations made by the UCEED 2016 paper setting team which carefully scrutinised all the comments received on the draft answer keys, the UCEED Committee has finalised the answer keys (click here to download).
The final answer keys are binding on all the candidates, and will be used to evauate your answers in UCEED 2016.
Candidate Answer Sheet
1. You can download your individual UCEED 2016 Answer Sheets (with the actual responses/choices you made in the exam) using UCEED login (click here to login).
2. Your UCEED registration number (UC16xxxxxx) is the login ID and your date of birth (DDMMYYYY) as printed on the Admit Card is the password. A new tab 'Answer Sheet' will appear from where you can view or download the answer sheet.
3. Remember the given Answer Keys sequence correspond to the Question Paper we have released, but the sequence in which the questions appear for each of you in your Answer Sheet would be different.
4. When sending comments about Answer Keys, indicate the question number (1 to 80) as it is numbered on the released question paper, and NOT as they appear in your Answer Sheet.
Question Paper & Draft Answer Keys
You can download UCEED 2016 question paper (by clicking here), and the Draft Answer Keys (by clicking here).
The Answer Keys correspond to the Question Paper we have released. So you have to refer to both the question paper and the answer keys to know the correct answers. (The sequence in which the questions appeared for each of you would have been different.)
Any discrepancy/comment must be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org, by January 23, 2016, 5:00 pm.
IMPORTANT: You have to mention "Comments about answer keys" in the Subject of the email. Emails without this line in the subject may be missed and not be considered.
Declaration by candidates with image display problem
1. It is understood that during the UCEED 2016 examination conducted on 17th January 2016, some of the terminals in some of the centres did not display the figures for two questions.
2. In case you are an affected candidate, kindly fill in the declaration form which can be downloaded by clicking here, and send it by email by 22nd January 2016, 1700 hours to email@example.com with the subject line 'Declaration' so that a fair decision can be taken in the interest of all the candidates.
3. Please note that your claim will be verified and if found to be untrue, you are liable to be disqualified.
UCEED 2016 - Sunday, January 17, 2016
Candidates must carry a printed colour copy of the downloaded admit card. Only candidates having a valid admit card will be allowed to write the examination. Read the instructions on your Admit Card for ID verification documents to bring & reporting times at the exam venue.
As this is a computer based exam, no special stationery is required. Candidates will NOT be allowed to carry electronic devices (mobile phones, smart phones, calculators, tablets etc.), abacus, slide rule, log books, study material of any type, geometry box, etc. to the examination hall.
Candidates have to remain in the examination hall for the entire duration of the paper.
We wish all candidates the best!
MOCK TEST ON 2ND JANUARY 2016
1. Mock Test may be taken using the following link here as well as under the DOWNLOADS section.
2. The link will open the test software on your Browser and is used only to get a feel of the examination process i.e., how to answer a question, how to go to the next question, how to keep the answer under review etc.
3. Results of this mock test will not be given.
4. The login details are already filled in, so just click on the "Sign In" button to start the test. Do not try to login with your UCEED 2016 registration id and password for this mock.
5. The Mock Test is designed and optimised to run on a computer Browser. It may not work on Tablet and Mobile devices.
6. It is important to note that the UCEED specific Instructions provided in the mock test are from 2015 and that you HAVE to read carefully the instructions on your 2016 paper when you take the exam on the 17th Jan.
Admit Card Download Statrted
Candidates whose application is complete in all aspects will be able to download the admit card from 23 Dec 2015, 17:00 hours onwards by loging in using their UCEED registration ID & password. The login link is here as well as under the DOWNLOADS section.
Candidates should carefully examine the entries in the admit card and in case of any discrepancy, contact the Chairman, UCEED 2016 at IIT Bombay before 30 December 2015, 17:00 hours. A copy of the printed admit card should be produced at the time of examination.
The registration for UCEED 2016 is closed. The scrutinizing of submitted applications is going on, and we have sent, or will be sending, emails to individual applicants to make corrections where required. All candidates whose applications are accepted will be informed through email before 23 Dec 2015, which is the start date for downloading of UCEED 2016 Admit Cards.
Registration Deadline Extended
The last date for online registration for UCEED 2016 is extended till 24 November 2015. The registration will now close on the 24 November 2015 at 1700 hours.
Annexure 1 for candidates who will appear for their board exams in 2016
Click here to read the answer to the question some of you have asked us about (Annexure 1). This is the document to be uploaded in lieu of the Admit Card/Hall Ticket. This is a repost of the Oct 14 announcement.
IIT Guwahati joins UCEED
Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati will admit through the UCEED 2016, students to its Bachelor of Design (B. Des) programme from 2016-17 academic years onwards. For more details refer to FAQ Q.No.14.
New Question Added in FAQ
UCEED 2016 INFORMATION BROCHURE RELEASED & WEBSITE LAUNCHED
UCEED is the entrance examination for admission to the B. Des programme at the Industrial Design Centre (IDC), Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay. The first UCEED was conducted in 2015 and UCEED qualified candidates were admitted to the B. Des programmes at IIT Bombay and IIITDM Jabalpur in the academic year 2015-2016. UCEED 2016 is the second year of the examination, and a few more institutes are expected to also admit students to their B. Des programmes through UCEED qualification. More details related to other participating institutes will be announced here in due course.