INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY BOMBAY POWAI, MUMBAI – 400 076
Advertisement No. H-19/2021-22
IIT Bombay invites applications from qualified Indian nationals (including Persons of Indian Origins (PIOs) and Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) and foreign nationals for faculty positions at the level of Assistant Professor (Grade I & II).
This is a rolling advertisement. Candidates are encouraged to apply at the earliest. Applications will be processed periodically.
Reservation: Reservation as per government of India rules is applicable, without any compromise on qualification, experience and competence. The GOI policy on reservation of faculty positions also includes persons with physical disability and Economically Weaker Section (EWS). Women and applicants from other under-represented categories are encouraged to apply.
Necessary certificates must be enclosed with the application form.
Academic units: Applications are invited for positions in Aerospace Engineering, Biosciences & Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Earth Sciences, Electrical Engineering, Energy Science & Engineering, Environmental Science & Engineering, Humanities & Social Sciences, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science, Physics.
Schools: Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, IDC School of Design
Centres: Centre for Policy Studies, Centre of Studies in Resources Engineering (CSRE), Centre for Technology Alternatives for Rural Areas (CTARA), Centre for Urban Science & Engineering (CUSE)
Interdisciplinary Programs: Industrial Engineering & Operations Research, Systems & Control Engineering, Educational Technology.
Note : Please visit https://www.iitb.ac.in/en/faculty-advt-h-25-2021-2022 for Recruitment information for Faculty positions in Desai Sethi School of Entrepreneurship (DSSE), Centre for Machine Intelligence and Data Science (CMInDS), Koita Centre for Digital Health (KCDH) and Interdisciplinary Programme in Climate Studies (IDP in CS).
Assistant Professor Grade I Qualification :
Ph.D.with First class or equivalent (in terms of Grades etc.) at the preceding degree, and a good academic record throughout. Research during/after Ph.D. leading to publications in reputed journals and other reputed venues, satisfying academic-unit specific eligibility criteria.
A minimum of three years post Ph.D. teaching / research / professional experience, excluding the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D.Candidate should have demonstrated research capabilities in terms of publications in reputed journals and conferences.
Scale of Pay : Level 12 with a basic pay of Rs. 1,01,500/- per month. On completion of 3 years of service asAssistant Professor Grade I with Academic Level 12, shall move to Academic Level 13A1 with a basic pay of Rs.1,31,400/-per month.
Assistant Professor Grade II
Candidates satisfying all criteria other than the post PhD experience criteria for Assistant Professor Grade I, may be appointed as Assistant Professor Grade II with appropriate pay based on post-doctoral experience. At the entry level they may be placed in Academic Level10 (basic pay of Rs.84,700/- per month) and shall move to Academic Level 11 after 1 year (basic pay of Rs. 89,900/- per month) and 2 years (basic pay of Rs. 92,600/-per month). After satisfying experience criteria for Assistant Professor Grade I, they will be moved to Assistant Professor Grade I in Academic Level12.
The application must be complete with full details of educational qualifications including year of obtaining Ph.D., date of defense and a detailed CV providing a list of publications (with reprints of the best papers), teaching/research / industrial experience, date of birth alongwith the names and contact details of three referees.
1. To access the application portal please visit https://www.iitb.ac.in/en/careers/faculty-recruitment
2. Applications will only be accepted through the online portal:
- First register at this link : https://portal.iitb.ac.in/FR/index.php/FR/FP2022/user/account
- Then fill the form, by logging in using this link : https://portal.iitb.ac.in/FR/index.php/FR/FP2022/login
3. Queries may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. All applications should be submitted through the online portal. No hard copy submission or soft copy submission through email will be accepted.
5. Separate applications must be sent if a candidate is applying for a faculty position in more than one academic unit.
6. The candidates should be preferably below 35 years of age. Age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC-NC/PwD candidates is applicable as per Government of India norms.
7. Candidates should submit their valid SC/ST/OBC/EWS/Disability certificate issued by the competent authority in the prescribed format along with the application form in support of their claim. (if applicable)
8. The valid OBC Non Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL) certificate should be as per the prescribed format of Government of India issued by appropriate authority. (if applicable)
9. Degrees obtained by the candidate should have been awarded by a recognized University/ Institute.
10. All Educational qualification certificates including the Date of Ph.D. Defense must be submitted/uploaded.
11. All Experience certificates mentioning designation, pay and tenure must be duly signed and sealed by the employer.
12. Candidates should have an excellent academic record, good communication skills, a commitment to high quality undergraduate and postgraduate education and demonstrated ability to carry out original and creative research.
13. Political and security clearance from Ministries of External Affairs and Home Affairs is necessary in every case for individuals with foreign passports.
14. The Institute reserves the right to call for interview only those candidates shortlisted on the basis of their qualification, experience, research, publication records and requirements of individual academic units.
15. Mere eligibility will not vest any right on any candidate for being called for an interview. The decision of the Institute in all matters will be final.
16. Persons employed in Government/Semi Government Organization or Educational Institutions must apply through proper channels OR shall provide No Objection Certificate while applying or at the time of Interview.
17. The Institute encourages interaction of the faculty with industry, other research and professional institutions. Consultancy is encouraged at IIT Bombay and liberal consultancy policies are in practice.
18. Facilities for research and development activities exist in all the Departments, Schools and Centres. These are being continuously modernized with contemporary equipment and services. Good facilities also exist for computing. The Institute has a well-stocked library with close to 3 lakhs volumes of books and electronic subscriptions to all leading journals.
19. A technology business incubator hosted by the Institute, called the Society for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (SINE), (http://www.sineiitb.org) serves to promote technology based entrepreneurship by faculty.
20. The candidates called for interview will be reimbursed apex airfare within India by Economy class from the place of their residence and back by the shortest route Air tickets should be booked through the following agencies.
- M/S Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd
- M/S Ashoka Travels and Tours
- M/S Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd.
21. About 90% of the faculty and research staff live on the Campus. The Institute endeavours to provide suitable accommodation to all faculty. However, initially new faculty may have to stay in transit accommodation outside the campus. Every faculty quarter on campus is provided with intercom and broadband Internet access.
22. Most of the daytoday facilities are available on the Campus including two banks, a post office, a small shopping center, two schools (up to 12th standard) for children, a well- equipped 65 bed hospital, sports facilities including a swimming pool and vast playground for field games. Cultural facilities include film clubs, Classical music societies, debating and drama and a hobbies club. The Staff Club in particular is a centre of social and cultural activities.
23. The Institute reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all the posts advertised.
Date: 14th February 2022 REGISTRAR