Information for UG New Entrants 2022-23
Information related to UG Programmes for the New Entrants admitted through JEE (Advanced) 2022, Preparatory 2021, INMO 2022 and UCEED 2022 at IIT Bombay
||25 Oct 2022 onwards
||10 am to 7 pm
||Hostel 16 or Hostel 1 (as per allotment)
||27 Oct 2022
||8.45 am to 9:30 am
||27 to 29 Oct 2022
||9:30 am to 4:45 pm
||27 Oct 2022
||4:45 pm to 6:30 pm
|Semester Course Registration
||27 to 29 Oct 2022
|Biometric validation and ID Card generation
||Lecture Hall Complex Foyer
||31 Oct 2022
||According to timetable
A live relay of the student orientation program will be available for parents
in the Victor Menezes Convention Centre (VMCC) complex.
- A welcome email has been sent to all undergraduate new entrants at their registered email address. This email contains login details for the IIT Bombay IT services. Please complete the requirements below for a smooth transition to campus life.
- Your IITB roll number will be your primary identification number in the Institute.
- Visit https://www.cc.iitb.ac.in/page/newentrants to accept IT Access Policy and activate your IT services login ID. Your login ID is your roll number (in lowercase), and your initial password has been shared on your registered email ID.
- After accepting the IT policy, logon to https://portal.iitb.ac.in/asc:
- Fill out personal information and accept the declarations.
- Pay the semester mess advance. All students have to pay the SMA now. Even if you are eligible for free mess, you have to apply for a reimbursement of the SMA later.
- Pre-filled forms are available on ASC Portal. Take a print out, affix photographs, sign, and bring the these pre-filled documents on your arrival
- Student and Parent Declaration Form (to be submitted to respective departments during Registration)
- Hostel Registration Form (to be submitted to Hostel Office before collecting keys)
- Medical File Record (to be submitted to the Hospital at the time of initial health-checkup)
- Students are welcome to occupy hostels from 10 am on 25 Oct 2022, orientation and course registration starts on 27 Oct 2022.
- On arrival, show the Visitor Entry Pass barcode (shared on your registered email ID) at the Main Gate for entry by you/parents/guardians to the campus.
- Report at your allotted hostel (shown below) along with the Hostel Registration Form for collecting keys to your room for the first year of study.
- The Student Mentor Program website has been made to introduce incoming freshers to life at IIT Bombay. This will help you get to know more about the culture at IIT Bombay from a student’s perspective!
- Join the “IIT Bombay Freshers 2022-23” facebook group for information dissemination and resolving queries.
All UG entrants are expected to be equipped with laptops. Loan assistance for purchase of various IT requirements for study is being planned to help needy students. For more details, you may refer to the following link : https://fap-iitbaa.org/
All students have to meet an IITB Hospital doctor (according to a
schedule that will be shared later) with a copy of the Medical File
Record. On verification of this record the doctor will authenticate
the records and create a personal medical file to be retained by
the student. This file is compulsory for all hospital visits to IITB
Hospital for the purposes of:
- Medical consultation
- Maintaining Medical/surgical history
- For issuing medical certificate for treatment undertaken at IITB hospital
- To know any previous drug allergy/ Any other allergy
- Reimbursement of medicine/ treatment taken at referred empaneled hospital outside
- To know patient's previous medical / Surgical history in case of emergency visit to IIT hospital
Checklist of Essential Documents to Bring
- Visitor pass (on phone or printed)
- Declaration form signed by student and parent/guardian
- Hostel Registration Form (after SMA payment) signed by student and parent/guardian
- Medical File Record Form
- Childhood immunisation certificates/records
- Copy of JoSAA provided Provisional Offer and Seat Acceptance or Provisional Admission Letter
- Originals and a copy of all documents submitted to JoSAA