Sajjan Jindal Steel Chair Professor
Head of Department: Feb 2022-Current
Professor: July 2013 - current
Professor at Lulea University of Technology, Sweden June 2011 – July 2013
Associate Professor: Feb 2007 – June 2011
Assistant Professor: Feb 2000- Feb 2007
- B. Sc. (Phy.) Govt. Victoria College, Palakkad (1988)
- M. E. (Met.) IISc Bangalore (1992)
- Ph. D. (Met.) IISc Bangalore (1997)
- Process Metallurgy
- Process Modelling
- Blast Furnace
- Steel Making
- Iron Ore Agglomeration
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Excellence in Teaching Award of IIT Bombay, 2006
- Visiting Professor, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Excellence in Teaching Award of IIT Bombay, 2011
- Excellence in Teaching Award of IIT Bombay, 2014
- Editor, Transaction of Indian Institute of Metals
- Advisory Board, Steel Research International, Germany
- "Modelling of Physico-Chemical Phenomena between Gas inside a Bubble and Liquid Metal during Injection of Oxidant Gas,"
International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering: Vol. 8: A33.”
Wang, Haijuan; Viswanathan, Nurni N.; Ballal, N B.; and Seetharaman, Seshadri (2010)
- "Efficient Simulation of Gas Flow in Blast Furnace”
P. B. Abhale;, N. N. Viswanathan and N. B. Ballal
CMC, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 195-216 (2009)
- "Thermodynamic analysis of gas phase chemistry in hot wire chemical vapor deposition of a-Si : H and mu c-Si : H"
Adhikari S., Viswanathan N. N., Dusane R. O.,
Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids 352(9-20), 928-932 (2006).
- “Relative effect(s) of texture and grain size on magnetic properties in a low silicon non-grain oriented electrical steel AU PP 75-85”
PremKumar R., Samajdar I., Viswanathan N.N., Singal V. and Seshadri V., Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials 264(1), 75-85 (2003).
- “Mathematical model to simulate the temperature and composition distribution inside the flux layer of a continuous casting mould”
Viswanathan N.N., Seetharaman S., Mills K. C., Scandinavian Journal of Metallurgy 31(3), 191-200 (2002).
- Developed a computational model to simulate the internal state of blast furnace and was deployed at Bokaro Steel Plant ( will also be deployed in Bhilai Steel Plant)