- BTech in Materials and Metallurgical Engineering, 2007, IIT Kanpur
- PhD in Materials Science and Engineering, 2011, MIT
- Fracture, fatigue and tribology
- Synthesis methods of nanostructured materials in bulk
- Nano-structured coatings
- Damage tolerance of materials used in renewable energy technologies
- Microstructural characterization
- Bio-medical implants, prosthetics and polymer encapsulation
- Back-end processing in microprocessor fabrication
- Process Integration Engineer at Portland Technology Development, 2011-2013, Intel, Hillsboro, USA
- Postdoctoral Scientist, 2013-2014, EPFL, Switzerland
- “Alginate composition effects on a neural stem cell-seeded scaffold” , Purcell EK, Singh A, Kipke DR. Tissue Engineering, Dec; 15(4): 541-50 (2009).
- “Fracture toughness and fatigue crack growth characteristics of nano-twinned copper” , A.Singh, L.Tang, M. Dao, L. Lu and S. Suresh, Acta Materialia 59, 2011,2437-2446.
- “Deformation, Structural Changes and Damage Evolution in Nano-twinned Copper under Repeated Frictional Contact Sliding” , A.Singh, M.Dao, L.Lu and S.Suresh, Acta Materialia, 5 (2011), 7311-7324.
- “Repeated frictional sliding properties of copper containing nanoscale twins” , A.Singh, N.R.Tao, M.Dao, S.Suresh, Scripta Materialia 66, (2012) 849–853.