- B.E. (Metallurgical Engineering), Roorkee University (1997)
- M.S. (Materials Science), Cornell University (2001)
- Ph.D. (Materials Science), Cornell University (2004)
- Mechanical Behavior of Thin Films
- Dislocation Dynamics Simulation of deformation
- Nanoindentation studies of heterogeneous deformation in metals
- Ni-Ti based shape memory materials
- “On the widths of orientation gradient zones adjacent to grain boundaries.”
S. K. Mishra, P. Pant, K. Narasimhan, A.D. Rollett and I. Samajdar, ScriptaMaterialia, 61, p. 273 (2009).
- “Presence and absence of significant twinning: Effects on cold deformed microstructures of single phaseZircaloy 2”
S.K. Sahoo, V.D. Hiwarkar, A. Majumdar, I. Samajdar, P. Pant, G.K. Dey, D. Srivastav, R. Tiwari, S. Banerjee Materials Science and Engineering: A, 518, p. 47 (2009).
- “[Conference] Modeling Shape-memory behavior in ferromagnetic thin films”
P. Pant and J. J. Vlassak, MRS Fall Meeting, Boston, Massachusetts (2005).
- “[Conference] Dislocation Interactions in Thin Films”
P. Pant, K. W. Schwarz and S. P. Baker, MRS Fall Meeting, Boston, Massachusetts (2004).
- “Strain Relaxation by Dislocation Arrays in Thin Films.”
P. Pant and S. P. Baker, Materials Research Society Symposium Proceedings, 779, p. W5.25.1 (2003).