Associate Professor: May 2021- Present
Assistant Professor: Dec 2017- May 2021
Tel (Office): +91-22-25767620
Google Scholar Profile: https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=cq68GgQAAAAJ&hl=en
- Ph.D. in Computational Physics, Dept. of Materials Science, Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Jadavpur, 2013
- MSc. in Physics, Burdwan University, 2006
- Max Planck Postdoctoral Scientist, Fritz Haber Institute of the Max Planck Society, Berlin, Germany, Jan. 2013 - Apr. 2016
- DST Inspire faculty, National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi, India, May. 2016- Nov. 2017
Awards and Recognitions:
- Max-planck postdoctoral fellowship, 2013-2016.
- DST Inspire faculty award, 2015.
- Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst (DAAD) Travel grant, 2016.
- Young Scientist award, Materials Research Society India, 2012.
- Kawazoe best poster award, ACCMS-TM2DS, Bangalore, India, 2012.
- DST travel grant, 2011.
- Computational materials science,
- Charge and heat transport
- Defects in semiconductors
- Strongly correlated materials
- Machine learning
- “Formation of vacancies in Si/Ge Clathrates: The importance of broken symmetries”, Amrita Bhattacharya, Christian Carbogno, Bodo Bohme, Michael Baitinger, Yuri Grin, and Matthias Scheffler, Phys. Rev. Lett. 118, 236401 (2017).
- “Anomalous Enhancement in Magnetization on Interstitial Doping Due to Spin Reversal in Magnetic Materials”, Nidhi Singh, Kritika Anand, Nithya Christopher, Amrita Bhattacharya, and Avinash Kumar Srivastava, J. Mater. Chem. C, 5, 11832 (2017).
- "Unraveling the role of vacancies in the potentially promising thermoelectric clathrates Ba8ZnxGe46−x−y▢y", Amrita Bhattacharya, and S. Bhattacharya, Phys. Rev. B 94, 094305 (2016).
- “Exploring N-Rich Phases in LixNy Clusters for Hydrogen Storage at Nanoscale”, Amrita Bhattacharya and Saswata Bhattacharya, The journal of physical chemistry letters, 6, 3726 (2015).
- "A first-principles study of the III–IV–V semiconductor nanosheets", Amrita Bhattacharya, Saswata Bhattacharya, and Gour Prasad Das, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 17, 1039 (2015).
- “Exploring semiconductor substrates for silicene epitaxy”, Amrita Bhattacharya, Saswata Bhattacharya, and Gour P. Das, Applied Physics Letters, 103, 123113, (2013).
- “Anti-kubas type interaction in hydrogen storage on a Li decorated BHNH sheet: A first-principles based study”, S. Bhattacharya, A. Bhattacharya, and G. P. Das, The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 116, 3840, (2012).
- “Band gap engineering by functionalization of BN sheet”, A. Bhattacharya, S. Bhattacharya, and G. P. Das. Physical Review B, 85, 035415, (2012).
- “Strain-induced band-gap deformation of H/F - passivated graphene and h-BN sheet”, A. Bhattacharya, S. Bhattacharya, and G. P. Das, Physical Review B, 84, 075454, (2011).
- “Third conformer of graphane: A first-principles density functional theory study”, A. Bhattacharya, S. Bhattacharya, C. Majumder, and G. P. Das, Physical Review B, 83, 033404, (2011).
- “First principles prediction of the third conformer of hydrogenated BN sheet”, A. Bhattacharya, S. Bhattacharya, C. Majumder, and G. P. Das, physica status solidi Rapid Research Letters, 4, 368, (2010).
- “Transition- metal decoration enhanced room-temperature hydrogen storage in a defect-modulated graphene sheet”, A. Bhattacharya, S. Bhattacharya, C. Majumder, and G. P. Das, The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 114, 10297, (2010).