Assistant Professor : 1998-2003
Associate Professor : 2003-2007
Professor : 2007-Continued
- B.E. Jadavpur University (1987)
- M.S. University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) (1991)
- Ph.D. Drexel University (1994)
- Crystallographic Texture
- Microstructural Engineering
- Thermomechanical Processing
- National Facility of Texture and OIM: Phase-III; Sponsored by BRNS, INR 7.58 Crore.
- Residual Stresses during Thermo-Mechanical Processing of High Strength Steels: Causes and Possible Mitigation, Sponsored by Tata Steel and JSW, INR 70 lakhs
- Improvement on Impulse fatigue life of Ti-Half Alloy for LCA application, Sponsored by ADA, INR 30 lakhs.
- Microstructural Engineering in Wire Rod: Possibilities?, Sponsored by Tata Steel, INR 35 lakhs.
- Hot Working of Electrical Steel: The Microstructural Developments, Sponsored by Tata Steel, INR 42 lakhs.
- Thermo-Mechanical Processing of duplex Stainless Steel: Integrated Experiments & Simulations, Sandvik, Sponsored by INR 35 lakhs.
- Microstructural Origin of Residual Stresses in AA7075, Sponsored by ISRO, INR 42 lakhs.
- The Microstructural Origin of Residual Stress, Sponsored by DST, INR 64 lakhs.
- "A Randomized Grain Boundary Austenitic Stainless Steel and a Process Thereof"; Application no. 1090/MUM/2002 dt 6-12-02. (Names: V. Kain, P.K. Dey, D.N. Wasnik and I. Samajdar). – Indian Patent
- “Development of a very high resistance to sensitization in austenitic stainless steel through special heat treatment resulting in grain boundary structure modification”; Application no. 893/MUM/2008 dt 21-April-08. (Names: R.K. Dayal, Parvathanandini, Baldev Raj, S. Mulke and I. Samajdar).– Indian Patent; Also filed are European and US Patents.
- “Thermo-Mechanical Processing of Metallic Materials” B. Verlinden, J. Driver, I. Samajdar, R. D. Doherty, ISBN–978-0-08-044497-0, Pergamon Materials Series – series ed. R.W. Cahn, Elsevier, Amsterdam, 2007.
- “Automated Reconstruction of Pre-Transformation Microstructures in Zirconium” K. V. Mani Krishna, P. Tripathi,V.D. Hiwarkar, P. Pant, I. Samajdar, D. Srivastavaand G.K.Dey, Scripta Mater., 62, pp.391-394 (2010).
- “Coarsening of Second Phase in a Two-Phase Zr-2.5 Nb: On the Role of Phase Boundaries” V.D. Hiwarkar, S.K. Sahoo, K. V. Mani krishna,I. Samajdar, G.K.Dey, D. Srivastav ,R. Tewari, S. Banarjee and R.D. Doherty Acta Mater, 57, pp. 5812-5821 (2009)
- "Microstructural characterization using orientation imaging microscopy of cellular Si/SiC ceramics synthesized by replication of Indian dicotyledonous plants" Pancholi V., Mallick D., AppaRao C., Samajdar I., Chakrabarti O. P., Maiti H. S., Majumdar R., Journal of the European Ceramic Society 27(1), 367-376 (2007).
- "Resistance to hydride formation in zirconium: An emerging possibility" Krishna K. V. M., Sain A., Samajdar I., Dey G. K., Srivastava D., Neogy S., Tewari R., Banerjee S., ActaMaterialia 54(18), 4665-4675 (2006).