Professor : August 2023-till date
Associate Professor : May 2018-August 2023
Assistant Professor : October 2012-May 2018
Tel: +(91 22) 2576 7642
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.-2010): Materials Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, KA.
- Master of Engineering (M.E.-2004): Metallurgy, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, KA.
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.-2002): Metallurgical Engineering, Regional Engineering College (now, National Institute of Technology), Warangal, AP.
- Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering (D.Met.E-1997), MRAGR Govt. Polytechnic, Vizianagaram, AP.
- Post-doctoral research associate (2011-2012), School of Engineering, Brown University, Providence, RI-02912, USA.
- Assistant Professor (October 2012-May 2018), Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai.
- Associate Professor (May 2018-August 2023), Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai.
Awards & Recognitions
- Excellence in Teaching (2023) award by Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, INDIA.
- JSPS Invitational Fellowship (FY2022) for Research in Japan (Short-term) by Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS)- at Nagoya University, JAPAN.
- Excellence in Teaching (2017) award by Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, INDIA.
- Excellence in Teaching (2015) award with a cash prize of INR 20,000 from Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, INDIA.
- INAE-Young Engineer (2013) award with a cash prize of INR 100,000 from Indian National Academy of Engineering, New Delhi, INDIA.
- Mechanical behaviour of materials including Indentation, Fatigue, Creep and Superplasticity
- Thermo-mechanical processing of ferrous and non-ferrous alloys
- Electrodeposition and Alloy development
- Material joining (Diffusion bonding)
- Severe plastic deformation (HPT, FSP)
- Protective coatings and Oxidation behaviour
- Development of high temperature air bleed system for aircraft engine application using high strength Ni based alloys through electrodeposition, IMPRINT-2c:SERB-GE, 2019-23
- Development of Zn-Mn reinforced nanocomposite coatings using pulsed current deposition, Tata Steel, 2020-23
- Processing map study for indigenously developed Ni-based superalloys through powder metallurgy route for aero engine turbine disc applications, DMRL, 2021-24
- Lavakumar Bathini, M.J.N.V. Prasad and Nitin P. Wasekar, “Compositionally modulated Ni-W multilayer coatings: A facile approach to enhance the tribological performance,” Tribology International 179 (2023) 108145 (1-10).
- Bidyapati Mishra, Rajdeep Sarkar, Vajinder Singh, Deepak Kumar, A. Mukhopadhyay, V. Madhu and M.J.N.V. Prasad, “Effect of cold rolling and subsequent heat treatment on microstructural evolution and mechanical properties of Fe-Mn-Al-C-(Ni) based austenitic low-density steels,” Materials Science & Engineering A 861 (2022) 144324 (1-13).
- Manil Raj, Bidyapati Mishra, Umesh M. Ahire, Haripria T. Padmaganesan, M.J.N.V. Prasad and K. Narasimhan, “Microstructure and mechanical response of dissimilar joint of ferritic interstitial-free steel to austenitic low-density steel produced by diffusion bonding,” Materials Science & Engineering A 856 (2022) 144020 (1-14).
- Ravi Ranjan Kumar, Rohit Kumar Gupta, Aditya Sarkar and M.J.N.V. Prasad, “Vacuum diffusion bonding of α titanium alloy to stainless steel for aerospace applications: Interfacial microstructure and mechanical characteristics,” Materials Characterization 183 (2022) 111607 (1-15).
- Richa Gupta, K.C. Hari Kumar, M.J.N.V. Prasad and Prita Pant, “Compositionally graded nano-sized borides in a directionally solidified nickel-base superalloy,” Scripta Materialia 201 (2021) 113981 (1-5).
- H.K. Mehtani, M.I. Khan, A. Durgaprasad, S.K. Deb, S. Parida, M.J.N.V. Prasad, D. Fullwood, R.D. Doherty and I. Samajdar, “Oxidation behavior of interstitial free steel: the defining role of substrate crystallographic texture,” Acta Materialia 190 (2020) 43-57.
Total publications (August 2023): 85